18 March 2007

A Dream Come True

I have a confession. For many, many years - probably since my days of a youth pastor, I've dreamed of being a DJ. I know, it sounds silly, but if you only knew of my love for music, and for making people happy with music, and sharing music with friends (and allowing them to share with me) then you would understand. I've never worked for a radio station (unlike some of my cool friends - Go Beck!), and have absolutely no experience except for the fact that I love all kinds of music (with the clear exception of certain Country & So. Gospel selections...sorry!). However, on Thursday a childhood dream came true. I was DJ for an evening!

Every year CTS student leaders host "Social Evening," a night of fun and frolic that allows our students and staff to do something different than study, write papers, and attend classes. This year's theme was Superheros and everyone was asked to create their superhero "alter ego". Yours truly became "Senseo" with the special super power of sensing when evil was near, or the occasional infraction of the CTS student handbook (an occupational hazard of the Director of Student Life). I even had a robotic kitty "Sinsee" - who had red eyes that look for evil. Yes, I'm weird, but had I SO MUCH FUN! I played old and new songs, as well as a few superhero theme songs and Star Trek exclusives. It may be a weird dream come true, but it did come with lots of fun and fellowship with a wonderful group of international students that sometimes need to change their identity and realize that they really are more on the interior than what we see on the exterior.

At the end of some days, you just need to have fun. A dream come true, an alter ego, superpowers...it just doesn't get any better than this.

Aren't you glad that missionaries and students training for ministry can have fun too?

No comments: