Recently, I was reading "My Utmost for His Highest. Oswald Chambers reminded me of the passages in Matthew 10 where Jesus sent his disciples to preach the message of the Kingdom of God. In Matthew 11:1, we find that after this he went into their towns to teach and to preach.
As my time in the US comes to a close, I am thankful that Jesus takes care of my family, friends, and supporters while I serve Him Western Europe. Although I will miss my family, I am ready to return to Belgium and the ministry of training students for ministry at Continental Theological Seminary. Our goal to "change lives to change the world" is not only a catch phrase, but what is literally happening. Graduates of CTS are now serving God in full-time ministry in more than 60 nations of the world. New and returning students will be back on the campus of CTS in a few short weeks, and I am excited to join in preparing them for ministry.
My previous posts to you indicated that I planned to leave on August 16... only 10 days away! Presently, God has provided 83% of my financial budget. However, I must have 100% in order to depart for Belgium. Still remaining is $1,085 in monthly pledges. Will you join with me in praying that God will work a miracle and touch the hearts of individuals and churches who can partner with me so that I may return to Belgium by the end of August?
As I step out in obedience to go to the mission field, Jesus has promised that he will provide for everything that I need. In addition, he takes care of "my home town" - my family, friends, and you - my partners here in the US. I cannot go without you, and God has asked me to serve as your arm extended in Western Europe.
Thanks for your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment